Friday, February 3, 2012

Reading One

The Theme of reading " The Babylonian Epic of Creation" is considered to be the creation of the Earth. It went through a process of creating life on Earth, and the different understandings of creating Earth and life existing before today ever existed. It was something that took a long time to understand of what Earth was going to be like. what I have researched about this creation is that the Enum Elish was officially recited every April on the fourth day of the Babylonian New year festival and it went on for eleven days. When I was reading through this the one thing that sort of stood out to me was that Aspu wanted to kill his own children. That was something that surprised me, and it was a thought to me that, why would any body want to kill their own children? I thought about that when I have finished and it was something that became shocking to me. Ideas that came to mind to me was knowing that when this creation was taking place never did I think that killing or any kind of violence would be taking place. When reading that Aspu wanted to kill his own children you actually think about that God loved his children, and you would think that parents cherished their own children until you start to read about what Aspu wanted. Parallels that I could take from this to our own worlds would be the child abuse that is occurring today and from " The Babylonian epic Creation". It seemed that both of them were similar in some ways, and today you see or hear of how children are being treated by parents. You see this on the news so many times and knowing that this child abuse occurred in the Creation. This was something so surprising to me that this abuse could have lasted since the beginning to now. This relates to text by when Aspu wanting to kill his own children for punishment in some way. He wanted them to have discipline and the only way that he thought could be possible was to kill them. It seemed that he did not really cherish his own children such as his wife did, but again he thought to kill them was the only way possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment